Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Know I'm Starting to Sound Like a Broken Record ...

... but if you lived in Utah County and voted for Obama, you'd know what it feels like to be besieged by subtle, and not-so-subtle, accusations that your political and religious views are not only incompatible but contradictory. To which I can only respond that I found this account of the participation of Elders Uchtdorf and Ballard in President Obama's National Prayer Service quite moving (not to mention feeling somewhat vindicated).

[update on Jan 22]
To sum up:
Elder Ballard: "I left with a feeling that the people of America are going to unite behind this new president and his administration and that we need to pray for him."

Rush Limbaugh: "Four words: 'I hope he fails.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment