Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Art Attack

Yesterday was a red letter day for the Laraway boys. Their school features a yearly "Inspirations" art contest, with categories including photography, painting, music, literature, etcetera. Alex entered a photograph he took at the Provo airport and Simon entered one of his landscapes and a picture he took of a soldier in a forest made of broccoli, asparagus, and biscuit dough (and, really, aren't those the best kinds of forests?). Alex won first prize for his photo and Simon won first place for both his picture and his photo.

Thank heavens that genetics is not destiny (at least on my side of the family) because I took art classes all the way through my senior year of high school and by the time I finished, I couldn't do any better than Alex and Simon could at eleven and eight years old. All those hours spent traipsing around the Prado and the Louvre must have paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment