Monday, April 7, 2008

A Little "Jumpy," A Robot, and a Strawberry-Eating Machine


Never one to be outdone by her older brothers, Eva is a one-person content provider. She loves art and, as I mentioned in an earlier post, she loves to write as well. A picture of Eva was published in the Springville Herald on April 3: it was taken during the school's Core Knowledge fair. In the photo she is learning how to use a bamboo brush.

Eva is a poetry-writing machine. On command, she will produce verse, unconstrained by the thin tethers of "reality" (and vividly illustrated to boot). I had her write some poems for me yesterday. The first of the three is entitled "Little Jumpy" (the scans aren't too good--click on the image for a better view):


Here's a literal transcription, followed by a translation:

Litl Jumpy
has muny
he stels muny
litl Jumpy loves
muny

[Little Jumpy
Has money
He steals Money
Little Jumpy loves
Money]


Up next: "I have a Robot":

I hav a robot
it gos to the
bath-rom I didint
no that in my
toelit there wus metl
in it
[I have a robot
it goes to the
bathroom I didn't
know that in my
toilet there was metal
in it]



Finally, we have "I Love Strawberries."


I Love Stroberese,
I can nevr
stop eden them
I et them
b cus I am a
mushene tha et them

[I love strawberries.
I can never
stop eating them.
I eat them
Because I am a
Machine that eats them.]


She's not kidding about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment