Monday, April 7, 2008

Post-Traumatic Study Abroad Disorder

Michelle and I have played host during the last two weekends to reunions of our two study abroad groups. On Saturday, March 29, we had a reunion for the fall 2007 group. We had a great turn out--something like 20 of our 26 students were there, including Jessica, our UCLA student who was able to make it up from Los Angeles.

Most of our fall 2004 students have moved on by now, and by "moved on" I mean "moved away from Provo." But we had about 8 of our 30 former students come to an open house last night, several of them bringing spouses, friends, and significant others. It was nice to get reacquainted and get brought up to date on what's going on with their lives. I also heard a few stories about study abroad adventures that... well, let's just say I'm glad I didn't hear those stories while we were actually in Spain. Did I love going to Spain with these groups? Yes. Am I in a hurry to direct another group of 25-30 students in a foreign country? Um, can I get back to you on that?

No comments:

Post a Comment